Friday, September 4, 2009

Update!

Lots has happened since I last updated this thing.. So I'm gonna try to catch everyone up! Are you ready for this??

So, Firstly, I'm single now. That's right, Alex and I broke up. To be completely honest, it broke my heart and it's going to take me a while to be back to normal again. However I am very thankful because we decided to still be friends, and I'm very excited about that. Even though this sucks and I love him, I think it was actually a good thing. I'm going to take this time to fall in love with Jesus, I know that I have to be completely in love with him before anything will ever work out with a guy.

Secondly, I'm a sophomore now! It's pretty stressful, I have much more homework than I did last year, and my classes are difficult. It's so hard to believe that after this year I will be halfway done with High School, and the majority of my friends will be Seniors. I've definitely grown up fast, I still remember my elementary school days when Nsync was the Soundtrack to my life, and every Saturday morning I'd wake up early to go to the Pet store downtown with my dad.

Thirdly, I've got this idea. As you all know, my youth group went on a mission trip called BUMP this summer. (If you don't know what went on there, read the post below this one). Anyway, the other day at Church some of the kids from the apartment building next door were talking to my friends and I before youthgroup started. They reminded me of the kids from BUMP- They were so happy that we were paying attention to them, and they were so sweet. When It was time for youthgroup to start they had asked "Are you going to come back?" After that encounter, God really put this idea on my heart. I want to do something with those kids like we did at BUMP. You don't have to go to a foreign country or another state to reach out to people in need- you can do it right in your own neighborhood. So i'm not sure quite yet how to reach out to the kids in the apartment building, But if you have any ideas please let me know :)

And Fourthly, as some of you may know, my cousin Ethan has Autism. In a few weeks there is going to be a Walk for Autism held in Kansas City. My family and I are going to be representing my cousin Ethan in that walk. The walk is to help find a cure for Autism. If you want to check out Ethan's page, go here https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=305758&supId=261462670 . This is his donation page, if you're interesting in donating to help cure Ethan you or your buisness can enter your dollar amount to the left of the page.

Thanks for Reading and God Bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment